Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Does 'Save' rewrite all tags?
mglongPostMay 18, 2021, 08:22
September 19, 2019, 22:28
Normal topicDoes 'Save' rewrite all tags?

This just occurred to me as I was talking to a friend and fellow Yate user... Does Yate rewrite all tags when saving or just changes? If I had another application open (e.g. Traktor) which saves things like Cuepoint and Loops in its own metadata inside MP3 files, would there be a potential conflict?

I realise this situation is best avoided at all times but it would be useful to know. Thanks.

2MR2PostMay 18, 2021, 08:54
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicDoes

There is a potential conflict. The tag area of an audio file is treated as a unit by Yate. All tags are rewritten. However it typically should be safe.

Yate reads a file and then releases all association to the file. When it goes to write a file it detects if it has changed since it was read. If it has changed, you're prompted to choose. You can safely overwrite the file with what Yate has as current or you can discard the changes.

So if you have files open in Yate and Traktor at the same time ... and you make changes in each .. saving in one will be safe in that audio does not get destroyed, but there will be no way to retain both sets of changes.

Hopefully this makes sense.

mglongPostMay 18, 2021, 11:31
September 19, 2019, 22:28
Normal topicDoes

Makes perfect sense - and thank you for the detailed response. Much appreciated.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.