Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
For $20 can someone write me a renaming script?
aronsonPostJune 5, 2021, 16:52
Beginner
March 20, 2019, 19:23
Hot topicFor $20 can someone write me a renaming script?

🙂

I'd like to select a folder and have Yate move/rename the files in it as such...

Artist Name\
Album Title 1 - (Year) [Format]\
1.01-Track Name.format
1.02-Track Name.format
1.03-Track Name.format
2.01-Track Name.format
2.02-Track Name.format
2.03-Track Name.format
Album Title 2 - (Year) [Format]\
1.01-Track Name.format
1.02-Track Name.format
1.03-Track Name.format
1.04-Track Name.format
1.05-Track Name.format

Any takers? 🙂

2MR2PostJune 5, 2021, 17:39
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

How about for free 🙂 I've never charged anyone for an action.

This is a more or less standard Artist/Album/files structure. This can be a small action run through the Batch Processor.

You'd give the Batch Processor a root folder to start. Every folder containing audio files would be processed. If the 'root' folder is not the same as the destination folder you'd have to supply it as well. The action could also move non audio files.

There's always questions. Do you have more than one album in a folder now? How consistent is the metadata? Especially in the Artist (Album Artist?) and Album fields. Define 'format'?

aronsonPostJune 5, 2021, 17:48
Beginner

Well, thank you! I accept! 😎

Yes, more than one album per root folder and I clean the metadata. Album artist may not be populated so track artist (first one?) may be the best choice. I'm in software development so I know there's always more questions! Format is the format of the audio file(s) but isn't necessary. I'm fine with Album Title and Year.

2MR2PostJune 5, 2021, 18:38
Administrator

Actually I meant do you have more than one album per folder? Single folder, single album is good. Multiple albums per folder messes up the movement of the non audio files.

I'll look for a consistent non empty Album Artist. If not found I'll look for a consistent Artist. If not found I'll pick the most common one. The Batch Processor will log everything so you'll have a record of what was done.

The main question, to repeat myself is do you have one album per folder? If you can have more than one per folder I'll treat them as separate albums. If you feel that you currently have one album per folder I will keep the tracks together regardless of the metadata. Questions, questions...

Format is not an issue. If you mean container format I can do: AAC, AIFF, ALAC, APE, DFF, DFF, FLAC, etc. This is actually a mixture of container and format as ALAC and AAC are both MPEG-4. Anything can be placed on the names ... I just have to know what to put there.

Let me know the answers and I'll try to whip something out on the weekend. If not, Monday at the latest.

aronsonPostJune 5, 2021, 21:23
Beginner

All the audio files in a folder will only be from one album. 🙂

Really appreciate this and really like what you're describing. Can't wait to try it out!

Thank you!

2MR2PostJune 6, 2021, 19:45
Administrator

Download the file at: https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Aronson-Move.zip

Drag the zip file to the main window's file list area. This will import two actions and a rename template.

Actions:
Folder: Aronson: Move
Aronson: Move - Batch Processor (Version 1.0)
Aronson: Move - Friendly (Version 1.0)

Rename Templates:
Aronson: Move Template

You can rename the actions 🙂 I have to use 'forum names' to keep everything visible.

The action you should be using is Aronson: Move - Friendly. You can start from the Action Manager, the Actions>User Defined menu, from the toolbar (if configured), a keyboard shortcut ....

The action will step you through everything. It will even start the Batch Processor for you. If you do not want to have to OK the Batch Processor to start, enable the Preferences-Actions-Enable Batch Processor auto start ... setting before running the action.

I suggest you pick a single folder for the source the first time you run the action. That way you can see if I misinterpreted anything. The Batch Processor produces a log file and you will prompted to view it. I suggest you open the log and save it. It will have a reference to everything that was done. ie. you will know where everything was moved. The source and destination folders can be anything as long as the destination is not a descendent of the source.

Everything is pretty much as you requested. The bulk of the Aronson: Move - Batch Processor action (which does all the work) is a large number of sanity checks on the metadata. The actual move/rename is two lines.

Have fun.

aronsonPostJune 7, 2021, 06:41
Beginner

FANTASTIC! A tremendous timesaver! How can I properly thank you? A donation to a charity? Amazon gift card? 😀 😀 😀

2MR2PostJune 7, 2021, 08:22
Administrator

If you're so inclined a donation to a charity would be great. Your choice 🙂

aronsonPostJune 8, 2021, 07:19
Beginner

Done!

If I wanted to change the folder name to include the Artist name at the beginning of the album folder (Artist Name - Album Name (Year) [TYPE]) as well what would I need to change in the batch processing script?

2MR2PostJune 8, 2021, 08:51
Administrator

You want to replace the Copy statement at line 121 with a Set statement. In the attached screenshot I disabled line 121 and added line 122. You can disable statements from the context menu.

If you need help let me know and I'll post the new action.

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.