Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
DJing software data bases are lacking capability
custa1200PostJune 13, 2021, 22:20
July 30, 2020, 02:33
Normal topicDJing software data bases are lacking capability

Seems like all Doing software/systems have various. levels of inability to display things from extended character sets, examples of this is tracks often using asterisk (*) to replace characters in profanity. This seems to cause issues in file paths when importing from Apple Music XML as it does not character encode these in any way so when the DJ Software finally receives them I get a file can't be found. The metadata seems to hold up within there, but it seems the actual filename is the problem. How would I best ensure all the filenames in my music Library do not have extended or accented characters(e.g. " * ë ä) in the filename. I already rename all tracks to be "CatalogNumbner - Track Name - Artist Name.Extension" using the following:

❨IfExists Catalog Number❩
    ❨Catalog Number❩-
❨endIf❩
❨IfMultiDisc❩
    ❨Disc Smart Pad❩-
❨endIf❩
❨IfExists Track❩
    ❨Track Pad2❩·-·
❨endIf❩
❨Title❩·-·❨Artist❩
❨IfDup❩
    ·(❨Dup #❩)
2MR2PostJune 13, 2021, 22:44
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

In the template editor where you've entered the above, there is an Encoding control that lets you choose various settings. See the attached image. You can Remove Accents, Force Latin-1 or Force ASCII.

They are listed in the order of increasing modification to the filename. So Remove Accents simply removes accents. Force Latin-1 gets rid of everything except Latin-1 characters. Force ASCII is the most restrictive.

custa1200PostJune 14, 2021, 09:52

For some reason Denon's Engine prime also chokes on characters like " and *. Anything thoughts on what would make sense to change them something else it may not chock on... Maybe underscores?

2MR2PostJune 14, 2021, 10:34
Administrator

Underscores will work. The easiest way to do this is to change or make a default rename replacement set. Then in the template, enable replacements.

In the Preferences you get the 'R' status by right clicking on the set and choosing Set as Rename Replacements.

See the attached image.

2MR2PostJune 14, 2021, 10:52
Administrator

I just thought of something. More than likely the DJ software is rejecting all invalid 'Windows' characters. There is a built in replacement set named Windows. It contains all the characters invalid for Windows and substitutes them with dashes. If you right click on the WIndows set you can make it the default Replacement Set 'R'. If you'd prefer to have underscores instead of dashes you can edit the set or make a copy, etc. ....

custa1200PostJune 14, 2021, 19:26

Maybe would be good to add that to the templates lists? I'll give it a go on a few things. The great thing is if they ever address it it's soo simple to redo the nicer renaming. 🙂 I'll let you know how I get on.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.029 seconds.