Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Make genre toggle buttons
VerticalPostOctober 26, 2021, 09:07
Beginner
November 1, 2019, 04:50
Normal topicMake genre toggle buttons

Hi,

I made these genre buttons with Append "genre" to the genre field action and it works well when you only need 1 genre, but when you wan't to add more like in the picture my solution is not so elegant and I know Yate can be very elegant.

So what I really want is the buttons to be a toggle like add or remove and if there is 1 or more genre's already add a "; " to the beginning, if this is possible it will save some space for other fields.

2MR2PostOctober 26, 2021, 10:18
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

There is no way to get the action buttons to toggle. However an action can test a key state.

Download the action at: https://2manyrobots.com/actions/AppendActionNameAsGenre.zip

You do not have to modify the action. Simply duplicate it in the Action Manager and give the new action a name of a Genre. The action uses its name as the genre name. The list delimiter is considered ; space

If you run the action a genre will be added at the end of the field, if not already present. If you hold down the Option key when starting the action the associated genre will be removed, if present.

As far as having space for other fields ... if you resize the Custom Panel Editor you get more fields. As of a few releases ago, Yate's main window supports scrolling edit panels.

VerticalPostOctober 26, 2021, 11:51
Beginner

Thanks for the fast response and solution will give this a try and report back 😉

VerticalPostOctober 26, 2021, 12:18
Beginner

Thanks again works excellent.

2MR2PostOctober 26, 2021, 12:51
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

😀

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.019 seconds.