Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
Using the containing folder name as the album title
2MR2PostApril 19, 2022, 18:57
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Hot topicUsing the containing folder name as the album title

I think I see what you're doing in Add Hyphen to Folder Name but it calls Process One Folder which is empty. I think you want the Insert statement to be in the called action.

Also all its doing is modifying the named variable Folder. It's not actually saving anything to a field or renaming a folder.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Inserting a dash at offset 16 will appear right in the middle of the # after BBC Legends.

Show be a before and after folder name (text is fine) and I'll try to modify what you've done.

SnowdogPostApril 20, 2022, 06:26
Pro
March 15, 2022, 17:12

Okay, so coming to this fresh, I realise that even if the part I shared last night is correct, it's only half done as an action.

I've hit a road block because, as per the screen shot where your action is top left & mine is bottom right, I can't seem to find the correct module to give me the find & replace function that appears to come next.

I have a "find & remove" but not a find & replace.

2MR2PostApril 20, 2022, 07:44
Administrator

The statements are organized into categories. The Text category has a statement named Replace. This is the simplest non regular expression statement that can replace text.

BTW. If you double click on a statement in the top right quadrant, it displays the help for that statement.

SnowdogPostApril 21, 2022, 07:44
Pro

Okay, I'm back on this after a couple of busy days & I've slightly lost the plot.

The catalogue numbers for these releases should have a hyphen before the last digit, so:

41992 should be 4199-2.

I was able to change that easily with the file tags because the insert functionality in the multi-field editor is very straightforward.

I could do the same change in the finder using Apple's replace function for the folder names, except I'd have to say "find 2, (two comma space) & make it -2, (hyphen two comma space)" & it would add a hyphen into any of the years that end in a 2 in the second part of the file name (see screen shot for Borodin Quartet as an example). I'd then have to quickly go through & change those few back.

I thought, how sweet it would be if I could build an action to do this.

I couldn't. 😆

2MR2PostApril 21, 2022, 10:06
Administrator

The easiest way to do this is by using a regular expression 🙁

Download the action at: https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Snowdog-InsertDashtoContiningFolder.zip

The action will be available on the rename menu or in the action manager.

I've documented it.

SnowdogPostApril 21, 2022, 10:24
Pro

I'm on it. Thanks!

Sadly "regular expression" (& any other kind of expression, frankly) doesn't really mean anything to me at the moment, so sorry if you've already explained this several times in words of one syllable.

SnowdogPostApril 21, 2022, 10:57
Pro

That worked perfectly, of course. 🙂

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.