Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Removing differing text in brackets from track title
SnowdogPostMay 18, 2022, 06:53
Pro
March 15, 2022, 17:12
Normal topicRemoving differing text in brackets from track title

I would like to remove the space & the characters in parentheses that have been placed after each track name (see screen shot) but, as usual, my attempts to construct some kind of action have failed.

Can anyone help with an action that will do this?

2MR2PostMay 18, 2022, 10:57
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Download https://2manyrobots.com/actions/RemoveTextInParenthesisInTitle.zip

There are two actions included:

Remove Text in Parenthesis in Title - 1 does it such that the last (...) sequence is removed. ie. it does not have to be at the end of the field. Basically it's two statements. The first removes the parenthesis and contents. The second removes the left over spaces.

Remove Text in Parenthesis in Title - 2 uses a regular expression to remove a (...) sequence at the end of the field and removes any left over spaces.

SnowdogPostMay 22, 2022, 06:39
Pro

Thanks! I'm really sorry, I didn't get a notification for this. (i.e. I forgot to subscribe! D'oh!)

Would it be possible to tweak one of those to remove everything up to & including the colon & space at the beginning of each line here:

2MR2PostMay 22, 2022, 09:04
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

I've attached an image of the one line required to do what you need. You can add the line to one of the earlier actions. The statement is a Find and Remove statement.

If you're keeping these things you can also make your own action which calls various of them by using a Run statement. As they're all small text manipulators there's not much of an overhead to run a number of them in sequence.

SnowdogPostMay 22, 2022, 10:30
Pro

Amazing, thanks! 🙂

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.