Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
renaming: include %artist% only if differs from %albumartist%?
jimbomonjeauPostMay 28, 2022, 06:27
May 28, 2022, 10:07
Normal topicrenaming: include %artist% only if differs from %albumartist%?

Hello!

I want to rename my music files this way: %discnumber% [if exists]-%tracknumber%. %title% (%artist% [if it differs from %albumartist%; if not, I don't want it to appear in the filename]). For example:

V.A. - (2003, Kanzleramt) Kanzleramt 3/5. Renounce (Double X)
and
Marco Bailey - (2001, Zync) Ipanema EP/1. Ipanema

This is very handy for renaming collections that include single artist albums and also V.A., split EPs, etc. Foobar2000 did this automatically, but OSx version of foobar is really buggy and kind of useless for this task.

Is there a way to do this with Yate? I already used the software for tagging with discogs and moving the files to the folder structure i like (the one that i showed in the example), but I can't solve this renaming thing.

Thank you in advance for your help!

2MR2PostMay 28, 2022, 10:48
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Rename templates are extensible via actions as Variables can be used in them.

Download the action at: https://2manyrobots.com/actions/RenamewithConditionalArtist.zip

After it's installed any file rename menu will have an Actions submenu with a Rename with Conditional Artist item.

Please look over the Conditional Artist rename template to ensure that I've configured it the way you want. I'm using an ❨IfExists+ Variable 0❩ to determine if the Artist must be inserted.

The Rename with Conditional Artist action is documented. If you look at it in the Action Manager you can see that it has an R in the Menu column. This is what forces it onto the Rename menus.

jimbomonjeauPostMay 28, 2022, 15:52
Quote from 2MR2 on May 28, 2022, 10:48

Rename templates are extensible via actions as Variables can be used in them.

Download the action at: https://2manyrobots.com/actions/RenamewithConditionalArtist.zip

After it's installed any file rename menu will have an Actions submenu with a Rename with Conditional Artist item.

Please look over the Conditional Artist rename template to ensure that I've configured it the way you want. I'm using an ❨IfExists+ Variable 0❩ to determine if the Artist must be inserted.

The Rename with Conditional Artist action is documented. If you look at it in the Action Manager you can see that it has an R in the Menu column. This is what forces it onto the Rename menus.

thank you so much! i just tried your script, it works almost flawlessly. the only thing i notice is: when renaming files with the added artist (because it differs from albumartist), the action adds a "1", after the track title... ("01. Step To The Dark Side (Original Mix)1 (Albert Kraner)") is there a way to fix this?

again, thank you so much 🙂

2MR2PostMay 28, 2022, 16:12
Administrator

Oops, sorry 🙁

I used an IfExists+ as opposed to an IfExists in the rename template. The '1' is the value of Variable 0 which is being inserted and I didn't notice it.

I've updated the action to version 1.1. Download and install it again from:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/RenamewithConditionalArtist.zip

Import it via Yate>Import Preferences and make sure that Overwrite is selected.

sloppy ... sloppy ... sloppy 🙁

jimbomonjeauPostMay 28, 2022, 16:23
Quote from 2MR2 on May 28, 2022, 16:12

Oops, sorry 🙁

I used an IfExists+ as opposed to an IfExists in the rename template. The '1' is the value of Variable 0 which is being inserted and I didn't notice it.

I've updated the action to version 1.1. Download and install it again from:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/RenamewithConditionalArtist.zip

Import it via Yate>Import Preferences and make sure that Overwrite is selected.

sloppy ... sloppy ... sloppy 🙁

thank you so much for your kind, helpful and fast answering :). i moved the 1.0 to the trash, emptied it (just in case :D), downloaded the zip and imported it the way you said, but stitll isn't working. are you sure you zipped the new version? it appears as the 1.0 version in yate

2MR2PostMay 28, 2022, 17:07
Administrator

It's more than likely your browser hanging on to the previous download. I've verified that this happens with Chrome.

Download it from:

https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Rename with Conditional Artist_v1-1.zip

jimbomonjeauPostMay 28, 2022, 17:35

indeed, i was using chrome. your script worked perfectly, and it's really helpful. you are very kind, thank you so much for your help!

jaime

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.021 seconds.