Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Reordering Multi Field Editor List
SnowdogPostSeptember 2, 2022, 04:49
Pro
March 15, 2022, 17:12
Normal topicReordering Multi Field Editor List

I thought I'd noticed in the past that fields I used often seemed to move to the top of the list (& re-sorted whoever I restarted the app) but that seems to have stopped happening for some reason.

Maybe an update?

Maybe I imagined it?

In any case, I only ever use three or four of the available items & I wonder if it's possible to permanently move them to the top of the list?

2MR2PostSeptember 2, 2022, 07:18
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

What list? What window?

SnowdogPostSeptember 2, 2022, 07:49
Pro

The multi field editor.

That window there. That list.

(Sorry, it's in the title, but is that not the correct name for it?)

2MR2PostSeptember 2, 2022, 08:05
Administrator

Right click in the table and select Enable Auto Sort The next time you select a field, all selected fields will jump to the top. The setting is sticky, You can also click on the column headers to sort and you can use type to select.

SnowdogPostSeptember 2, 2022, 08:24
Pro

Typing to select will make life easier.

Enabling auto sort doesn't seem to solve my problem because I almost always want to edit one particular column at a time & when I uncheck one item, it moves back down the list again. So, if I'm working through a box-set one disc at a time & I'm editing "title", that's the one item that's selected in the Multi Field Editor list. If I then want to edit "album", I have to uncheck "title" & it disappears back down the list again.

Unless I'm doing something wrong?

In the past, most commonly used items seemed to stay at the top, like the app knew I'd be using it again soon. That was really handy (& really clever, I thought, but maybe it was just a glitch?)

I mostly just use Title, Album & Composer and I could do with being able to sort the list & just have those right at the very top, but typing to access them will certainly be easier.

Thanks! 🙂

2MR2PostSeptember 2, 2022, 10:14
Administrator

There's only one way to get it to work as you want and it's very cumbersome.

Open the Multi Field Editor. Disable Auto Sort from the context menu. Select the fields you want to see at the top. Click on the checkbox column's header and sort such that they are on the top. At this point deselecting the fields will not change the order. However, you have to do this each time Yate is started. This can't be changed.

It's far easier to use the function button in your workflow. When you want to process the Title field click on the field's function button and select Multi Field Editor. That will open the Multi Field Editor with only Title selected. This work's for most fields.

SnowdogPostSeptember 2, 2022, 10:38
Pro

Oh, well that absolutely fine!

Firstly, I almost never have to relaunch the app. Only when there's an update or my machine needs a restart.

Secondly, that's probably what I've done in the past by accidentally clicking about & made them sort at the top. That would also explain why they didn't seem to be there after I'd relaunched the app.

Those function buttons are also a bit of a secret weapon, as it turns out. And there's me thinking they were just coloured dots!

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.