Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Any tips for Initials?
2MR2PostJanuary 15, 2014, 08:47
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Very Hot topicRe: Any tips for Initials?

Hi,

Your screen shots show everything .... except the contents of the rename template, they only show the name of the template. If you want me to modify/fix the template I need to know its contents. For that you have to send me a screen shot of the selected template in the Preferences-Rename window. You have to click on the used template before you take the screen shot.

All that being said, no rename template will work for you if you only have file names and no metadata in the file. I can test for and handle missing data in a fall back manner but it has to fall back to something. If the filename contain metadata you can always extract it by using File to Tag templates and then do the rename.

In your screen shot where it didn't work I can see that you have metadata for track number, artist and title. The issue is that the track number is duplicated. In order to figure out why this is happening I need to know the contents of the template. The name of the template unfortunately does not tell me what tokens it contains.

I've attached a screen shot showing what I need.

ZipaulPostJanuary 15, 2014, 09:14
Beginner
December 5, 2013, 19:18

No problem.

ZipaulPostJanuary 16, 2014, 04:54
Beginner

Hi. Any solution yet ??

2MR2PostJanuary 16, 2014, 08:19
Administrator

Sorry, I missed the notification of your last reply. Actually I missed something simple in your previous screen shots. The Title field contains a track number. Look at your screen shot I've attached. Look at the Title column. The track numbers being in the Title field cause you to have duplicate track numbers when you use the template. One comes from the <Track> token and one from the <Title> token.

Now I have no idea if you like your Title fields to contain track numbers. If you want to rename your tracks using the current titles, you'll have to strip out the leading track in numbers in the Title field. There's a variety of ways to do this. You can do it with an action or manually using the Multi-Field Editor. If you want to use the Multi-Field editor:

1. select all the files you want to modify in the main window.
2. open the multi-field editor. Edit>Multi Field Editor
3. check the Title field.
4. Enter 5 for five characters in the Remove field. (See attached image). It looks like five characters to me from the screen shot.
5. Hit the Remove/Insert button

You should now have removed the track from the title. If it looks incorrect, I've probably got the wrong count based on visually examining the screen shot. If this is the case in the main window from the context menu select Revert which will restore your files. Then set up the Multi Field editor as I show in the last image. Again, select your files, then hit the Find/Remove button then the Trim Fields button.

At this point, using one of the above methods, your Title fields should not have leading track numbers. You can now apply the rename template for the desired result. You can choose to Save the changes you made to the files or you can Revert.

This can all be automated using actions where the leading track number in the title field is removed automatically before you rename. This route will make sense if you have lots of files where the Title field contains the track number.

2MR2PostJanuary 16, 2014, 08:25
Administrator

I'm having issues getting the images up in the correct order:

Here's the first screen shot showing the track number in the Title fields.

2MR2PostJanuary 16, 2014, 08:26
Administrator

Here's the second showing the remove character method via the Multi-Field editor:

2MR2PostJanuary 16, 2014, 08:27
Administrator

Here's the third method showing the alternate method using the Multi-field editor:

ZipaulPostJanuary 16, 2014, 08:58
Beginner

That's why I sent U the different screen shots. No problem....your 1st. solution worked perfectly and U did count good....5 spaces.
Each day I learn more about Yate. Simply love it.
Thank you very much. Take care. Paul

ZipaulPostFebruary 26, 2014, 06:39
Beginner

Hello again. Everything has been working perfectly. But I have a new issue: my tracks have only the title and the shows as: duran_duran_rio_acapella
I would like to replace the underscores by spaces and separate the Name from the son Title. Name - Title
Thank you. Paul

2MR2PostFebruary 26, 2014, 07:15
Administrator

Hi,

'duran_duran_rio_acapella' is the filename? eg. 'duran_duran_rio_acapella.mp3'

Are the contents of the Artist and Title fields correct? Does Artist contain 'Duran Duran' and Title 'Rio Acapella'?

There are only two ways to go. The first is reconstructing the filename from valid data contained in fields. This is easy. The second is extracting the metadata from the filename which in this case is tough as there is no unique delimiter between the data components.

Is this a specific fix for one album? The naming format is different once again from anything you wanted in the past.

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.