Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
Make "Display Artwork" Field Croppable
2MR2PostMarch 1, 2015, 22:10
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Hot topicRe: Make "Display Artwork" Field Croppable

We're crossing posts 🙂

I understand what you're after with the sizing and use of extra horizontal space.

Rating. Maybe yes, maybe no. Then you'd have a lot of meaningless white space at the right of the field.

There are lots of display issues in Mac multi line text fields. Certainly on Yosemite, if you exceed the bounds of the display while typing, the scroll bar will only appear if you actually scroll. I've seen issues with slight scrolling to the right or left and many others. What OS was the screen shot produced on? I'll be back at my main Mac next week and I'll be able to boot up any OS and check it out.

rocklobsterPostJune 21, 2015, 01:58
Beginner
May 29, 2015, 09:15

Is this possible yet with 3.7? Haven't seen a way in the GUI to crop an image. Maybe missing something.

2MR2PostJune 21, 2015, 06:16
Administrator

The "Crop Artwork..." UI function appears as a context menu item when clicking on an image in the large image well in any full artwork display. It only appears when the image is not already square as that is the intent of the function. The function lets you visually move a slider to select the area to retain.

rocklobsterPostJune 22, 2015, 05:27
Beginner
May 29, 2015, 09:15

Ah, that's good. Didn't notice it because most images square. This does bring up one other question for me tho. I have artwork prefs set to import scale down to 600x600. That's fine for anything square or nearly square. But it is not ideal for a larger picture that i then need to crop to 600; losing resolution that way of course. Suggestions on workflow on that? Maybe a still yet another option to only scale down square (squarish??) images?

2MR2PostJune 22, 2015, 13:59
Administrator

Next release now has an 'only if squarish' option. Squarish is defined as: the absolute difference in the width and height being less than1% of the larger of the two.

I've also added a 'post crop' scale size option to the Crop window so that after cropping you can scale down to your desired size.

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.