Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3
Request: import titles from text file
ratmicePostJune 12, 2023, 16:33
Beginner
December 23, 2014, 21:35
Hot topicRequest: import titles from text file

SO, after many years using this action, it appears that it is not compatible with the latest YATE version. Is there a way to alter the old action to be compatible, or is there someone that has climbed this mountain already? I have looked at the innards of the action, but to be honest, I cannot decipher anything. LOL. Any help would be appreciated

2MR2PostJune 12, 2023, 17:47
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Yep that action is ancient. I've reworked it so that it should be compatible.

The newer action is now at: https://2manyrobots.com/actions/Import-Titles-from-Text-File.zip

The version of the action is 2.0. When you import it, make sure that you are overwriting, otherwise you might get a copy. You can see what you've imported in the Action Manager.

Test it out before you save any changes 🙂

There is a far newer action on the web resources page called Generic Text Importer. It's a lot more powerful as it can read any fixed format metadata and not simply Titles.

ratmicePostJune 12, 2023, 20:55
Beginner
December 23, 2014, 21:35

Thanks, again, for making this available, and so quickly. I am very appreciative of your efforts. I will definitely look into the Generic text importer, but sadly, the text files are not standard enough, I fear.

Pages: 1 2 3
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.