Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3
Retagged folders wont play on a CD
offtheroadPostOctober 14, 2016, 12:13
Advanced
September 3, 2015, 14:04
Very Hot topicRetagged folders wont play on a CD

When I retag folders of audio and then burn to a CD my 2005 Honda won't play it. 2nd question if I get a new car that accepts a usb stick do I need to retag the music on it to play in a car. Thanks

2MR2PostOctober 14, 2016, 12:26
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Very Hot topicRe: Retagged folders wont play on a CD

Well the first issue should not be related to Yate. I don't know what you're using to burn but the only potential issue could be that the burner is messing this up because of the ID3 format. By default Yate writes ID3 files (including mp3) as ID3v2.4. This spec has been around for over a decade now. Try re-saving some files as ID3v2.3 and try again.

Go to Preferences-Audio-ID3 and choose Write files as ID3 v2.3 checking whatever applies to your audio.

You can force the saving of files by loading and selecting the files and doing a File>Save Selected Files>Save Always

Other than that I have no idea. Yate does not modify the audio in a file at all.

As far as a USB stick, again it is up to the software loading the tracks as to what it can handle.

If the issue is the ID3 format, it is not a big deal as you can write a one line action to rewrite your entire collection with the lower standard if necessary.

offtheroadPostOctober 14, 2016, 13:07
Advanced

Thanks but I don't know how to write actions.[img][/img]/Users/JamesBechdel/Desktop/Audio Pre's setting copy.jpg

2MR2PostOctober 14, 2016, 13:34
Administrator

Go to Preferences-Audio-ID3 and choose Write files as ID3 v2.3 checking whatever applies to your audio. I assume you're using mp3.

You can make the changes in the UI via File>Save Selected Files>Save Always. Try the UI method first and see if it solves the problem. If it does I'll write yo the action and tell you how to apply it to all of your tracks.

offtheroadPostOctober 14, 2016, 13:38
Advanced

I'm trying to attach a screen capture of my pref's setting but I save everything as aiff

2MR2PostOctober 14, 2016, 13:41
Administrator

Try this:

offtheroadPostOctober 14, 2016, 14:16
Advanced

Thats what I have in pref's thats why I was trying to attach a screen capture then you would seen my Audio Pref's.

2MR2PostOctober 14, 2016, 14:41
Administrator

Ok. If the setting was already like that before you burned your CD, I have no idea. Yate does not, ever, modify the audio.

If you had it previously unchecked for AIFF, then try another CD. Remember that you must save the files before burning. The setting simply tells Yate how to save.

File>Save Selected Files>Save Always

offtheroadPostOctober 14, 2016, 15:08
Advanced

OK will try. I had a few scrips written by your forum to help me with numbering issues a few other things and when I ran the scripts:
'OffThe Road-CleanFolder4_5
OffTheRoad - Clean Folder 3 and they worked very well and I'm grateful you guys did me that favor, I never was thinking of also the "Save Selected Files/Save Always so I'll test that. btw my music is not always just from one CD ripped but sometimes I mix music together. Thanks again

2MR2PostOctober 14, 2016, 15:14
Administrator

In this case it's not the ripper or how you setup the 'content list' for the CD you're preparing. The issue is what the CD burner is doing.

When you ran the previously supplied actions you did not have to do the Save Always. You only have to do Save Always now because you want to force the saving of the files to apply the new AIFF save format. By default Yate does not save files unless you've changed something in the file. In this case you will not have changed something, so ... Save Always is required.

Pages: 1 2 3
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.