Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: how to identify box sets in Yate?
pacoinmass
Post how to identify box sets in Yate?
on: January 31, 2019, 19:16

I've searched the forum and help however cannot find out how to identify box sets. I can clearly mark as a compilation album by using the checkmark for "Part of a Compilation" in the "Info" Edit Panel. How can I identify a box set that contains complete versions of previously released albums by the same group or album artist? Thx in advance for your help.

2MR2
Administrator
Post Re: how to identify box sets in Yate?
on: January 31, 2019, 20:33

I don't know that there is any standard. For whatever it's worth this is how I do it:

- I set the Album field to the name of the Box Set.
- I set the Original Album field (on the More Info editing panel) to the original album name.
- I mark each original album as a separate disc and number the tracks staring from 1 for each disc.
- I then assign metadata as if I was tagging individual albums. For example I use the original artwork for each album although I've sometimes kept a second artwork item for the overall box set. I use per album Genres, etc.
- As per Artist and Album Artist fields, it is easy when tagging each album in the box set separately.

I hope this helps.

pacoinmass
Post Re: how to identify box sets in Yate?
on: February 11, 2019, 09:41

This is helpful...had not thought of this approach. Will try one and see how Roon handles the set.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.031 seconds.