Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
how to identify box sets in Yate?
pacoinmassPostJanuary 31, 2019, 19:16
Beginner
July 24, 2015, 01:03
Normal topichow to identify box sets in Yate?

I've searched the forum and help however cannot find out how to identify box sets. I can clearly mark as a compilation album by using the checkmark for "Part of a Compilation" in the "Info" Edit Panel. How can I identify a box set that contains complete versions of previously released albums by the same group or album artist? Thx in advance for your help.

2MR2PostJanuary 31, 2019, 20:33
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Normal topicRe: how to identify box sets in Yate?

I don't know that there is any standard. For whatever it's worth this is how I do it:

- I set the Album field to the name of the Box Set.
- I set the Original Album field (on the More Info editing panel) to the original album name.
- I mark each original album as a separate disc and number the tracks staring from 1 for each disc.
- I then assign metadata as if I was tagging individual albums. For example I use the original artwork for each album although I've sometimes kept a second artwork item for the overall box set. I use per album Genres, etc.
- As per Artist and Album Artist fields, it is easy when tagging each album in the box set separately.

I hope this helps.

pacoinmassPostFebruary 11, 2019, 09:41
Beginner
July 24, 2015, 01:03
Normal topicRe: how to identify box sets in Yate?

This is helpful...had not thought of this approach. Will try one and see how Roon handles the set.

steveoatPostJune 17, 2023, 09:18
April 12, 2020, 18:26
Quote from 2MR2 on January 31, 2019, 20:33

I don't know that there is any standard. For whatever it's worth this is how I do it:

- I set the Album field to the name of the Box Set.
- I set the Original Album field (on the More Info editing panel) to the original album name.
- I mark each original album as a separate disc and number the tracks staring from 1 for each disc.
- I then assign metadata as if I was tagging individual albums. For example I use the original artwork for each album although I've sometimes kept a second artwork item for the overall box set. I use per album Genres, etc.
- As per Artist and Album Artist fields, it is easy when tagging each album in the box set separately.

I hope this helps.

How do you handle box sets that are just not reissues of the original single albums. For example many of the classical box sets (Decca Sound, Mercury Living Presence, DG Originals, DG 120, etc.) contain compilation discs of often an album plus new content on a single disc. How do you handle these situations?

2MR2PostJune 17, 2023, 10:39
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

This is common in all genres. Lots of times a new release of an album will have additional tracks not found in the original.

As my file structure contains an Album file path component, I generally differentiate multiple releases of the same album by appending differentiating text to the Album field. This text can be anything you choose to use. for example (extra tracks)

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.037 seconds.