Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
Sync Files Utility
rkneippPostJuly 14, 2021, 14:53
September 13, 2019, 13:53
Hot topicSync Files Utility

Hi, I’ve downloaded this great script, but encoding with Permute will stop if the song name contains a question mark. Does anyone help me?
Thanks

2MR2PostJuly 14, 2021, 15:03
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

This may be an issue escaping some characters as the interface to Permute is via a URL. I'll have a look and get back to you. If it is I'll issue an update for the action.

2MR2PostJuly 14, 2021, 17:12
Administrator

It's actually two issues. The first is that the inserted filenames are not being fully escaped in the actions. The second is that when the action is adjusted the '/' character is being escaped and Permute doesn't like it.

Yate v6.6 is coming out early next week and it has updated versions of the Sync actions to better handle best match association with Permute's presets. It also handles any preset as opposed to those built in.

Rather than issue a patch for a few days, the fixes will be in v6.6

rkneippPostJuly 15, 2021, 02:26

Great, I will wait. Thanks a lot.

rkneippPostJuly 15, 2021, 10:52

Could there be an option to use XLD with this script? Would be the best! I edited the "FLAC Files to ALAC" script to convert FLAC and dsf to any XLD preset, but it doesn't offer the ability to sync the edited metadata.
Thanks so much!

2MR2PostJuly 15, 2021, 10:56
Administrator

Sure I'd have to rework it quite a bit. I'll have a look after v6.6 is out the door.

2MR2PostJuly 21, 2021, 17:21
Administrator

I started working with XLD yesterday and managed to read the profiles from the preferences. Unfortunately it does not work. A profile, to my understanding, is a copy of the current settings. However when you specify a profile on the command line a preset setting is ignored. Which means that the only available preset is the one which was selected when the profile was saved.

This means that I can support XLD and any preset (except DSD which is not available on the command line), but I cannot support profiles.

Two days work to the garbage and onwards.

rkneippPostJuly 22, 2021, 14:18

Thank you for your effort, I'm sorry that you wasted time satisfying the requests of a single user. As far as I'm concerned, it's fine for me to just be able to use one XLC setting at a time. For my use, I find XLC much more versatile in conversions compared to Permute which is also a paid software.

PS: I have set the import of DSD files via the application and the gain, src, and the sample rate are converted correctly even with the CLI (the one contained in the application package)

2MR2PostJuly 22, 2021, 16:05
Administrator

Not a problem at all. I've got profiles working if you adhere to a specific naming convention and all the built in presets working ... except for DSD 🙁

There is no command line access to the DSD functionality as far as I can tell. While I can read and process any profile from the command line any profile which references DSD always produces WAV files. There is no format option for DSD. You will be able to read DSD but not write it. ... but then again you can produce ogg but cannot read it.

Basically the only CLI options I need are -f, -o and --profile.

I have the stand alone conversion actions implemented and next I'll be modifying the Sync action.

rkneippPostAugust 8, 2021, 11:05

Hi, is there any news regarding the XLD implementation in sync action? Thank you!

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.