Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3
Adding the track total automatically
SnowdogPostApril 14, 2022, 05:23
Pro
March 15, 2022, 17:12
Very Hot topicAdding the track total automatically

So this set of 90 discs doesn't have anything in the "of" field for the tracks.

Is it possible to add that in using the highest number for each disc?

(That is to say: 1 of 16 - 16 of 16, etc.)

2MR2PostApril 14, 2022, 08:57
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27

Select all the files. Do an Actions>Calculate Track Count>Per Disc. That will use the highest number.

SnowdogPostApril 14, 2022, 10:06
Pro

Thanks yet again!

I cannot tell you the (probably) thousands of hours I've spent tagging music which I could've spent doing something else if I'd had or known of these functions!!

SnowdogPostApril 14, 2022, 10:10
Pro

I use Roon to organise & play my music. In the Yate date box there's only room for a year. Do you happen to know there's a year-month-day box anywhere in Yate that corresponds directly with the "original release date" boxes in Roon, do you?

There is an "original release time" in Yate. If I were to enter "2009-10-26", would Roon see it, do you know?

2MR2PostApril 14, 2022, 11:50
Administrator

In Preferences - File List there's an option to disable the formatting of the Year field (ie.limiting to yyyy).

SnowdogPostApril 14, 2022, 12:51
Pro

Interesting. I've found that adding the date as suggested above does seem to add it to the Original Release Date boxes in Roon but the "Release Time" next to it doesn't seem to do anything. Instead, Roon sees the main date you're talking about as the "Release Date".

Which means that if I do as you suggest, I can have the same date in there twice, meaning I can jump through another on of Roon's silly hoops.

Now, if only I could add the recording start & end dates as file tags in Yate so that Roon could see those as well, I wouldn't have to worry about having to re-enter any data in Roon should my Roon database ever get corrupted.

Oh well. I guess we can't have everything. 😀

2MR2PostApril 14, 2022, 15:31
Administrator

You can add any tags you want in Yate. Yate at times stores classical recording information in UDTIs named RECORDINGDATE, RECORDINGSTARTDATE and RECORDINGENDDATE. This is where Yate puts the metadata if it's available on MusicBrainz.

I'm not sure if Roon reads the tags or not. If you know what tags they read they can be created and entered on the UD Text or All Tags editing panels or you can create custom fields and access them as any field.

rh2021PostApril 16, 2022, 01:38
May 3, 2021, 03:41
Quote from Snowdog on April 14, 2022, 10:10

I use Roon to organise & play my music. In the Yate date box there's only room for a year. Do you happen to know there's a year-month-day box anywhere in Yate that corresponds directly with the "original release date" boxes in Roon, do you?

There is an "original release time" in Yate. If I were to enter "2009-10-26", would Roon see it, do you know?

I also use Yate with Roon. Using a .tsv file to update Yate information, I have found that the following original release date format (in the tsv file) works well:
19-January-2000

The advantage of altering the original release date is that this is the field (file tag) that Roon uses as a secondary sort. When sorting albums by Artist, Roon uses sort album artist name then original release date. All my classical albums have customised 'original release dates' corresponding to their album title so the secondary sort mimics album titles.

Ralph H

SnowdogPostApril 16, 2022, 05:48
Pro

Here's a slight twist on the earlier question...

I need to number the discs of this 50 disc set, both in the disc numbering area next to tracks & replacing the "00" in the album name.

The only place the disc numbers currently exist is on the folder names, but as "folder" is not one of the places in the "list of places" I can't figure out how to access it.

There does not appear to be a convenient disc numbering option like there was with the track count option, so I'm wondering what the easiest way is to get the discs & albums numbered?

SnowdogPostApril 16, 2022, 06:25
Pro
Quote from rh2021 on April 16, 2022, 01:38

I also use Yate with Roon. Using a .tsv file to update Yate information, I have found that the following original release date format (in the tsv file) works well:
19-January-2000

The advantage of altering the original release date is that this is the field (file tag) that Roon uses as a secondary sort. When sorting albums by Artist, Roon uses sort album artist name then original release date. All my classical albums have customised 'original release dates' corresponding to their album title so the secondary sort mimics album titles.

I have to jump through a couple of hoops with Roon (don't we all?) to get it to do what I want, but basically, for classical box sets, I like them all to arrange in the numbered order of the box set itself, so the "album artist" & "original release date" fields all need to be the same, so that the numbering in "album title" forces the order.

For this reason, I would use the original release date of the box set, not the individual albums.

As I mentioned above, I've found that if I add, say, 2011-11-15 to Yate's "Original Release Time" slot in "More Info" it will drop neatly into the "user data" slot in Roon (& I have Roon set to prefer all my tags).

If the "Release Date" is different, it will show up as a separate date in the info underneath the album title, but now I know that I can expand the date field in Yate, I can put the same information there & it cleans out that duplicate entry because if they're the same, Roon only shows in once. Which is nice.

That, for me, is a very quick & easy way to get a big box set into the right order.

If I have other information available, I can then go through disc by disc & change "Release Date" to the actual release date of the individual album & start & end dates to the Recording dates.

It would be really good to know exactly what things Roon would respond to if I were to add them as UD entries in Yate, but I'm not sure the people at Roon really give a monkey's about making my tagging easy, as what they really want me to do is to identify all the albums, drink the Kool Aid & let Roon's "richness" wash over me.

Doing the above would mean that, were my database to become corrupted, all the correct info would be in my files & nothing would need re-doing, but I fear that might never be possible.

(Probably also worth mentioning that I'm a bit weird in that I like all the albums to show next to each other in Roon, not as a single multi-disc entry, so I also "undo" all of that functionality with my folder naming.)

Pages: 1 2 3
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.024 seconds.