Pages: 1 2 3
IMPORTDATE tag
VerticalPostJune 26, 2022, 10:41
Beginner
November 1, 2019, 04:50
Hot topicIMPORTDATE tag

Hi,

I can't seem to find the IMPORTDATE tag which can be used in Roon
my goal is to get the Finder creation date of the album folder and copy it to importdate tag and for future albums have this done automatically.

Thanks
Christian

2MR2PostJune 26, 2022, 11:25
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Hot topicIMPORTDATE tag

There's lots of tags which aren't built in 🙂

I've updated the RoonMappings entry on the resources web page to include a Custom field for Import Date and to place it on the Roon+ Custom Edit Panel. If you download and install the Roon+ zip it will provide what you need. Import Date maps to IMPORTDATE.

BTW: I've tried it and it works. You must enabled the reading of IMPORTDATE in Roon's preferences.

You can use the Test if File Exists action statement on the folder to extract the associated creation and modification dates.

2MR2PostJune 26, 2022, 12:14
Administrator
Hot topicIMPORTDATE tag

I've created an action which will copy a track's containing folder's creation date to the Import Date tag.

Download and install the action at: https://2manyrobots.com/actions/ContainingFolderCreationDatetoImportDate.zip

The action works on all selected files. The selected files do not have to be in the same folder.

VerticalPostJune 27, 2022, 00:27
Beginner
Hot topicIMPORTDATE tag

This is excellent thank you, I tested it with a album located in the downloads folder and works perfect,
but this is not where my music is stored it's on a Mac mini external drive located in another room and that don't seem to work would that be possible you think, if not no problem I'll move the hdd to this Yate Mac and all future albums will be processed in the downloads folder and then moved.

This Importdate tag will it work on other players supporting this tag or is it only a custom Roon tag I ask because maybe it can be build in as an option next to the Tagging Time in the more info tab, if not I like to have this done automatically but I already have and action run after import from MB anyway around this?

Thank you.

2MR2PostJune 27, 2022, 07:25
Administrator
Hot topicIMPORTDATE tag

I tested it with a album located in the downloads folder and works perfect,
but this is not where my music is stored it's on a Mac mini external drive located in another room and that don't seem to work would that be possible you think, if not no problem I'll move the hdd to this Yate Mac and all future albums will be processed in the downloads folder and then moved.

If you mount the drive you can load the files. At that point everything should just work. You will first have to configure the Mac Mini to share the drive.

This Importdate tag will it work on other players supporting this tag or is it only a custom Roon tag I ask because maybe it can be build in as an option next to the Tagging Time in the more info tab, if not

As far as I know IMPORTDATE is only read by Roon. You can't change the built in editing panels. However on the resources web page in the Templates section there is a download for the built in panels as custom panels. You can import the copy of the More Info panel into the Custom Panel editor and then modify it to add the Import Tag field. From that point on, simply use the modified More Info panel as opposed to the original. In the same template section you will find an Extended Info Editing Panel download where Info was modified to add a field.

I like to have this done automatically but I already have and action run after import from MB anyway around this?

Actions can call other actions. Create an action which calls the current action you're running and then the new one. Each statement is a Run statement. If you want to run two actions, you'll need two Run statements. Once your action is created, select the new container action to be run after importing.

Thank you.

🙂

VerticalPostJune 27, 2022, 10:08
Beginner
Hot topicIMPORTDATE tag

Off topic, I run into this issue where I simply can't close action manager window or make changes to a action or close Yate and have to force quit Yate.

The error I am getting is "Data Validation Error, Invalid version representation"

2MR2PostJune 27, 2022, 10:16
Administrator
Hot topicIMPORTDATE tag

This error message is only displayed when a Version statement has invalid data in its version field. You do not have to force quit. Simple fix or delete the offending statement in the action editor window. The offending statement will typically be highlighted and with contain:

***** error description

This is the way it works for all actions. You can't save an action with errors.

VerticalPostJune 27, 2022, 10:21
Beginner
Hot topicIMPORTDATE tag

It's actually ContainingFolderCreationDatetoImportDate.zip action I get this error with.

2MR2PostJune 27, 2022, 10:46
Administrator
Hot topicIMPORTDATE tag

Have you modified the Version statement which is the first in the action? I've just downloaded the action to a 'clean' Mac running version 6.10.3 and I can edit it and close the window without any errors?

Ignoring the background colour, the action should be as in the screenshot. If the action looks corrupted, delete it and install it again.

VerticalPostJune 27, 2022, 11:27
Beginner
Hot topicIMPORTDATE tag

I don't know exactly what happened it seemed like if I opened it a second time the error came I had to force quit 3 times and return from backup, it was no matter what I tried the error popped up I have it installed now and haven't been in there again.

I still can't get it working from a remote location the drive is mounted else I wouldn't be able to load the files in Yate.

Pages: 1 2 3
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.024 seconds.