Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Any tips for Initials?
DreamStaticPostDecember 28, 2013, 15:29
Beginner
October 26, 2013, 16:46
Very Hot topicAny tips for Initials?

Long shot question - any tips for adding replacements/actions/etc for initial type capitalization? I have an action that does some tweaking on the song titles. Part of that action does lowercase than titlecase. Overall this works extremely well, however; it does break standard initial type capitalization such as U.S.A., J.J., or C.C., etc. Curious if there is something that can be added to my action that would recognize these as initials and keep them capitalized? I haven't found anything, but thought I would ask to be sure I wasn't overlooking something obvious. Thanks so much.

2MR2PostDecember 28, 2013, 16:16
Administrator
August 23, 2012, 19:27
Very Hot topicRe: Any tips for Initials?

The issue is the lower case which changes everything so that you lose your initial context. Title Case will not change U.S.A. I'm not sure why you're doing lowercase first. With Name Exceptions and General Exceptions, Title Case can be configured to do pretty much anything. If I were you I'd try tweaking the Title Case statement and get rid of the lower case.

DreamStaticPostDecember 28, 2013, 16:32
Beginner
October 26, 2013, 16:46

The reason I had initially included the lowercase action was to get song titles that were all caps to lower then the titlecase would work properly. I agree, I think my best bet would be to lose the lowercase and work with just Titlecase. Thanks again. 🙂

ZipaulPostJanuary 9, 2014, 06:32
Beginner
December 5, 2013, 19:18

Hello. I am trying to Capitalize the fist letter for Artist and Title in some folders and simply can't do it. Could you please guide me step by step ?? Thank You.

2MR2PostJanuary 9, 2014, 07:41
Administrator

There are a variety of ways to do this. You can change the case of fields using the Multi Field Editor, via actions and via rename templates.

You can do the capitalization directly from the rename template if you don't want to change the field contents in the files.

1) In Preferences-Rename, highlight the template you are using to rename.
2) Choose the type of case manipulation you want from the Case popup button.
3) Make sure you save your changes by hitting the update button (to the immediate right of the - button).

You can use the Preview button while in the Preferences-Rename section to try out the rename before actually doing it. Select files in the main window then click the Preview button in the Preferences-Rename window.

There are a lot of case manipulation options to control things such as name exceptions. (eg. MacDonald not Macdonald). The main help page has a link to a topic called 'Alphabetic Case Transformations'.

I hope this helps.

ZipaulPostJanuary 9, 2014, 10:42
Beginner

Sorry but I didn't manage......plus I made a mistake in the template I used the most. Went to preferences-rename. Highlighted all the tracks in Album Mode, Case: capitalize 1st, field: title, name ???? and then used the template Track. Artist - Title......pressed the pencil to apply and had just the changes without the Capital letter. But I made a mistake and at the end "templates", i pressed the + and added "TITLE" again. How do I edit this template to have it the way it was, and where did I make a mistake no t to have the 1st letter of each word Capitalized !??!?

ZipaulPostJanuary 9, 2014, 10:46
Beginner

I managed to edit the template, but still no capital letters....where is my mistake (s) ???

2MR2PostJanuary 9, 2014, 11:50
Administrator

Editing the template will not automatically rename the files. When you hit the pencil, you are saving changes to the template, not the files.

If you want to capitalize the first letter of every word, make sure the template has 'Capitalize' selected as the Case option. After you've saved your changes to the template, go to the main File List, select your files and apply the template by File>Rename...your_template.

ZipaulPostJanuary 9, 2014, 13:44
Beginner

Thank you very much. It was easier doing it with the editor. Thank you very much and have a great year. Paul

ZipaulPostJanuary 14, 2014, 10:54
Beginner

Hello again. I am having a couple of problems: still having trouble Capitalizing the 1st letter. It does change in Yate and when I export to Itunes it appears the way I want them. But in the folders, (in this case the Artist) is not capitalized. I hope I am explaining myself well....sorry but english is not my 1st language.
In fact, all Artists are appearing without 1st capital no matter if I apply the template I want. probably it's since I changed the settings in the editor.
That is number 1. NO.2 is for the tracks that already are numbered. When I apply the template Track. Artist - Title it transform to Track. Artist - Track - Title
In fact, I just tried to apply the template Artist - Title and it fixes the problem with the Capital letter but the track number appears 2 times.
Please help.
And by the way, thank u for all your help. Super service...fast and cool

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.